Present Awareness / Mindfulness

It's true that religon and politics are two of the hardest things to talk about, yet they mean so much to us, so let's talk about religion here. I am only calling it religion but I really mean all sorts of spirituality.
noisefilters

Present Awareness / Mindfulness

Post by noisefilters » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:22 pm

The more I meditate the more "universal" I understand religion (and specifically Christianity) to be.

I'm a practicing Christian (whatever that means). And yes, it conflicts with many of my world views.

But I practice meditation more and more (I've been doing it aggressively for 3 years) - these "conflicts" fade into the background.

Focusing my "Christian life" on being present for my family, the people around me, with my internal relationship with God, with my attempts to be "a good moral, loving person" etc all come to the forefront.

When I read words of Christ in the New Testament - I ponder, not so much whether Christ was God Incarnate (I believe he was/is), but instead my focus drifts to the fact that perhaps Christ was simply "the most present person to ever exist."

Perhaps - being fully present is being God?
Perhaps - being fully present is why Christ said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is right here, now."

But, I digress........

memoid
Site Admin

Re: Present Awareness / Mindfulness

Post by memoid » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:13 pm

I agree strongly with you. And it's not Heretical. The Christ Nature is there for everyone. And not only for Christians. The Christ Nature, to me, is also the Buddha Nature. And I don't think that Christ is alone. I believe there are Crypto-Christs all around us. I like to think that a 53-year-old school teacher enjoys Buddha-Christ nature. Have you read Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore? I think most of my modern belief in Godhead has become a mixture of God according to Christopher Moore and Lao-tzu's Tao Te Ching. I believe that loads of Jesus' disciples achieved it. And why not John the Baptist? The one thing that Christ did for us, from my Christianity, was die for our Original Sin. So, according to my people, we're no longer marred with original sin, we're free. So, it should be easier to become Christ-Like, to achieve Christ-Buddha nature. Well, as easy as it could ever be, considering all the distractions and all the temptations and all the delicious and wonderful pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth! Thanks so much for helping me move this forward!